School of Nursing and Midwifery Studies International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
Cardiff School of Nursing and Midwifery Studies has two scholarships available for overseas students embarking on a research degree within the School during the academic year 2012/13.
£1,000 to be used to cover research-related expenses (see Terms and Conditions below)
Applicants must be international fee-status students intending to commence either a PhD or Professional Doctorate within the School of Nursing and Midwifery Studies during the academic year 2012/13
How to Apply
- To be considered for the award, candidates must have accepted an unconditional firm offer of a place on either a PhD or Professional Doctorate programme within the School of Nursing and Midwifery Studies by Friday 31 August 2012.
- No separate application form is required. All applicants who meet the eligibility criteria for the award will automatically be considered by the Award Panel. The awards will be made to the two candidates whose applications, in the panel's view, demonstrate the greatest promise.
Terms and Conditions
- The award is open to international postgraduate research students who commence a programme of study within the School of Nursing and Midwifery Studies during the academic year 2012/13 only.
- This is a one-off award of £1,000, which will be held by the School for use by the recipient to meet research-related expenses such as fieldwork costs, conference attendance or the purchase of research-related equipment.
- All expenditure will be subject to the approval of the Director of Postgraduate Studies (Research) and to Cardiff University's Financial Regulations.
- The funding will be available to the candidate throughout the duration of their programme of study, subject to satisfactory progress.
- The value of each award is strictly limited to £1,000 and will not be increased. As such, recipients of the award will be required to meet any research-related expenses over and above the value of the award themselves.
- Recipients will, however, be entitled to apply for any other research support funding that the School may make available to its postgraduate research students, unless the terms and conditions of that funding specify otherwise.
- The School reserves the right to extend the deadline for the award beyond 31 August 2012 if, in the view of the panel, no suitable recipients are identified.