Essential Guide to Enrolment
PLEASE NOTE ALL CORRESPONDENCE FROM BOTH CARDIFF UNIVERSITY AND THE SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY STUDIES WILL BE VIA E-MAIL
To facilitate a smooth and successful enrolment process at Cardiff University please ensure you complete the steps below (where applicable):
Step 1: Firm Your Offer
All students must firm their offer online. You will receive your offer by email which you must then accept via the on line task by accessing SIMS online (http://sims.cardiff.ac.uk)
Step 2: Online Enrolment
All students must enrol online. You will be notified by e-mail, approximately three weeks prior to the start date of your programme, when and how to access the online enrolment system. You should complete online enrolment as soon as you receive this notification. Click the following link for further information about online enrolment.
Continuing students must enrol on line at the start of the academic year even if they do not intend taking a module in 2012/13.
Step 3: Cardiff University Student Card and Documentation for Enrolment (New Students Only)
It is a Cardiff University Regulation that all new students MUST have a Cardiff University ID card. Students who do not have one will be withdrawn from their Programme of Study.
Click here for further information on how to obtain your Student ID Card.
Step 4: School Enrolment/Induction
Please refer to the link below for your programme of study. You must attend the school enrolment/induction events as stated for your particular year and Programme (if applicable).
- Bachelor of Nursing (Hons)
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Hons)
- BSc (Hons)/Graduate Diploma in Community Health Studies & Specialist Practice Qualification
- BSc (Hons) in Clinical Practice (including Stand Alone Modules)
- Return to Practice
- BSc Community Practice
- MSc in Advanced Practice
- Postgraduate Certificate in Non-medical Prescribing (PgCert)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Colposcopy (PgCert)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education for Health Professionals (PgCert)
- Postgraduate Diploma/Master of Science in Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (MSc/Diploma)
Student Enrolment Queries should be directed to:
Student Data Team
Cardiff School of Nursing and Midwifery Studies
5th Floor, Room 512 EastGate House
35-43 Newport Road