Shire Hall Care Home
Overstone Court, Dumballs Road, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff CF10 5NT
Mr Paul James: General Manager
Karen Grapes: Clinical & Home Manager
Continuing health care, General nursing, EMI, Palliative care
Key Learning Opportunities:
- Participation in delivering fundamental and acute care according to individual need, e.g.
- Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of person-centred care.
- Development of caring, supportive relationships with residents over time.
- Effective and appropriate communication with residents and their relatives, other members of the caring team and outside agencies.
Preparation for Practice:
- Human and material resource management
- Time management
- Skill mix, assessment
- Management of admission
- Service and agency liaison
Primarily uniform, though there may be activity-specific occasions when students will be required to wear non-uniform dress.