POVA Team (Protection of Vulnerable Adults)
Caerphilly County Borough Council, Penallta House, Tredomen Park, Ystrad Mynach, Hengoed CF82 7PG
Protection of vulnerable adults.
All students undergoing an enhanced CRB when starting the programme with a further yearly fitness to practice update and follow through on all students.
Key Learning Opportunities:
The aim of the placement is to give students an insight into the role of the POVA team. To illustrate the complexities that needs to be taken into consideration to fulfil the role.
The POVA Team facilitate the multi -agency response to allegations of abuse of vulnerable adults. From the initial enquiry/referral/concern being raised to ensure appropriate safeguarding of vulnerable adults in the community, in primary and secondary care settings.
The team manage the allegation of abuse using the Wales Interim POVA policy and procedures.
Jo-Anne Jones is the Registered Nurse within the team and her role encompasses a range of activities which include:
- POVA advice and duty system.
- Participating in the POVA referral system.
- Co-ordinating the POVA process in response to individual referrals including multi agency strategy meetings.
- Chairing case conferences.
- Attending/chairing professional meetings and best interest meetings with social work colleagues.
- Attending quality assurance and provider performance monitoring meetings.
- Attendance at POVA coordinators meetings Pan – Gwent.
- Education and training activities.
Jo-Anne Jones will coordinate the students spoke visit and will develop an individualized time table/plan to reflect key planned activities for the week. The student will work with Jo-Anne and the team over the week to develop a clear knowledge and understanding of the role of the POVA team and service in order to improve their knowledge and understanding of the protection of vulnerable adults.
Preparation for Practice:
Review Wales Interim POVA policy and procedures.
No Uniform - Dress smart.
25 February 2013