Ty Gwyn Hall
Llantilio Pertholey, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire NP7 6NY
Clinical Teacher Contact:
People with severe and enduring MI
Key Learning Opportunities:
- Attend and contribute towards MDT meetings
- Attend and contribute towards individual/group therapy sessions e.g. Music Therapy.
- Contribute towards the care planning process using CPA
- Contribute towards the initial assessment of clients regarding their suitability for placement at Ty Gwyn.
- Learning about the Mental Health Act - attending tribunals, escorting clients on Section 17 leave.
- Managing shifts as part of the management competencies.
- Liaising with other members of the MDT. including psychologists, social workers & medical staff.
- Contribute towards the discharge planning process.
- Assist clients with medication including administration of medication and assisting clients with self-medication.
Preparation For Practice:
Yes – year 3 only