Treowen Ward, Llanarth Court Hospital
Llanarth Court Hospital, Monmouthshire
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Low secure forensic rehabilitation
Key Learning Opportunities:
Students are able to achieve their learning outcomes whilst on placement on the ward and are encouraged to do via the following:
- Attending and participation at ward rounds with the MDT.
- External and internal patient assessments prior to admission/transfer.
- Attendance and participation at Care Programme Approach meetings.
- Attendance at Mental Health Review Tribunals.
- Assisting with patient admissions and discharges.
- Participating in reflective practice groups.
- Assisting the primary nurse with the process of care planning.
Preparation For Practice:
Yes – year 3 only