Teilo Ward, Llanarth Court Hospital
Llanarth Court Hospital, Monmouthshire
Position:Lecturer: Mental Health, Learning Disabilities and Psychosocial Care
Email: email@example.comTelephone: +44 (0)29 2091 7743Extension: 7743
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Position:ABHB Practice Facilitator: Mental Health and Learning Disabilities
Email: Vijay.Jugmohun@wales.nhs.ukTelephone: +44 (0)1633 234794 or +44 (0)798 419 5328
All male ward
Key Learning Opportunities:
- MDT Ward rounds
- Pre-admission assessments in other hospitals and other secure environments.
- Patient admissions to the ward.
- Care planning process and use of the Tidal Model.
- To be fully involved in the life of the ward, assisting patients with all activities of daily living.
- To use opportunities to manage the ward
- Attending MHRTs if appropriate.
- To be supported through a customised medication management programme and assessment for students in this clinical area.
- To attend regular clinical refresher groups run by practice development nurse.
Preparation For Practice:
Yes – year 3 only