Whitchurch Hospital, Cardiff
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Low secure rehabilitation
Male only unit
Key Learning Opportunities:
Students are able to achieve their learning outcomes whilst on placement on the ward and are encouraged to do via the following:
- Attendance at ward rounds and presenting patients
- Assisting with patient assessment
- Assisting primary nurse with the care planning process
- Assisting with medication rounds including IMI
- Working alongside the FAST team
- Developing a working knowledge and understanding of an enhanced observation policy as appropriate.
- Attending for out-patient appointments/court visits with patients as appropriate.
- Opportunity to participate in and contribute to specific RN run groups
- Opportunity to work with other disciplines such as occupational therapists with patients, in ward activities.
- 24 hour
Preparation for Practice:
Year 3 only
5th August 2008