Whitchurch Hospital, Cardiff
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Male only unit
Key Learning Opportunities:
The students will be encouraged to develop their own plans of learning and can achieve their goals through a variety of ways:
- MDT ward rounds twice per week
- Taking and assisting with referrals from the forensic CMHT
- Assisting the primary nurse in their role including APIE of care plans
- Assisting with medication dispensing, including IMI.
- Engaging with patients within the forensic activities and socialisation team on the ward.
- The student will have the opportunity to participate in some aspects of enhanced nursing observations.
- The student will have the opportunity to work with other disciplines, such as occupational therapists and psychologists within this environment.
- The student will be able to attend court and as appropriate, prison assessment visits under supervision.
- 24 hour
Preparation for Practice:
Year 3 only
5th August 2008