West Wing Hospital - Regional Stroke Unit
Third Floor, West Wing Hospital, Glossop Terrace, Cardiff CF24 0SZ
Toni Perry – Ward Manager (3 days per week)
Holly Major and Frances Wilcox – Deputy Ward Managers
Telephone: 029 20 335586
Dr Erica AlabasterEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0) 029 2068 7749
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Rehabilitation following stroke
RSU does not care for patients require acute stroke management. Patients requiring stroke rehabilitation are required to be medically stable, however, they can still present with a range of additional medical problems.
Key Learning Opportunities:
Regular opportunities include:
Participation in delivering fundamental and rehabilitative care according to individual need, e.g.
- Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of person-centred care - patient centred goal planning is a key component of care.
- Development of caring, supportive relationships over time.
- Effective and appropriate communication with patients and their carers.
- Effective, appropriate communication and partnership with interdisciplinary team members and outside agencies.
- Management of complex discharge.
Development of management skills according to course stage.
Preparation for Practice:
Person-centred care, prioritising, time management, assessment, management of admission and discharges, inter-disciplinary, service and agency liaison, health promotion, promotion of independence’.
- 13.00- 20.30
- 20:15 -07.15