West Wing Hospital - Medical Rehabilitation Unit
Ground Floor, West Wing Hospital, Glossop Terrace, Cardiff, CF24 0SZ
Ward Manager – Julia Kennedy
Deputy Ward Manager – Lindsey Bradley
Tel: 029 20 335304
Dr Erica AlabasterEmail: email@example.comTelephone: +44 (0) 029 2068 7749
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Older people who have medical conditions and require rehabilitative care
Key Learning Opportunities:
Regular opportunities include:
Participation in delivering fundamental and rehabilitative care according to individual need, e.g.
- Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of person-centred care.
- Development of caring, supportive relationships.
- Effective and appropriate communication with patients and their carers.
- Effective, appropriate communication and partnership with interdisciplinary team members and outside agencies.
- Management of complex discharge.
Development of management skills according to course stage.
Preparation for Practice:
Person-centred care, prioritising, time management, assessment, management of admission and discharges, inter-disciplinary, service and agency liaison, health promotion, promotion of independence.