West Wing Hospital - Elizabeth Ward
First Floor, West Wing Hospital, Glossop Terrace, Cardiff, CF24 0SZ
Jayne Hurndall, Ward Manager
Tel: 029 20 33 5665/5251
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Continuing, respite, transitional, slow stream rehabilitative and end of life care.
Key Learning Opportunities:
Regular opportunities include:
Participation in delivering fundamental and rehabilitative care according to individual need, e.g.
- Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of person-centred care.
- Development of caring, supportive relationships over time.
- Effective and appropriate communication with patients and their carers.
- Effective, appropriate communication and partnership with interdisciplinary team members and outside agencies.
- Management of complex discharge.
Development of management skills according to course stage.
Preparation for Practice:
Person-centred care, prioritising, time management, assessment, management of admission and discharges, inter-disciplinary, service and agency liaison, health promotion, promotion of independence.
- 07.00 – 14.30pm
- 1.30 -20.45pm
- Please check with Ward Manager to confirm night shift times.