Paediatric Intensive Care (PICU)
Ward B3N, University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN
Position:Lecturer: Children and Young People
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0)29 2091 7724Extension: 7724
- Regional Paediatric Intensive Care Service for South & West Wales Providing Retrieval & Critical Care for up to 9 children / infants.
- Multi-specialty and tertiary services admitted to PIC [only exceptions are burns and cardiac surgery which are managed in Swansea and Bristol respectively].
0-16 years requiring level 3 care
Key Learning Opportunities:
- Recognition and management of the critically ill child.
- Advanced airway management
- Complex fluid management
- Pain management
- Step down care to high dependency
- Management of the child in multi organ failure
- Care of the dying child & their family
- 0730 - 2000
- 1930 - 0800