University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Key Learning Opportunities:
- Admission of patients for emergency surgery.
- Pre-operative Nursing care.
- Visits and follow through of patients to Trauma theatres and recovery.
- Post-operative Nursing care.
- Assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation of nursing care.
- Visits to trauma clinic and plaster room to include care of patients in a plaster cast.
- Time working with hip fracture nurse specialist.
- Daily trauma and medical consultant ward rounds.
- Multi Disciplinary team meetings and handovers.
- Shift handovers.
- Time working with Physiotherapist.
- Time working with Occupational therapist.
- Involved with rehabilitation, discharge planning, transfers to other rehabilitation areas, discharges home.
- Dressings and wound management.
- Medication rounds.
- Time with pain team
Preparation for Practice:
Experience with support of management of ward team and ward area to include; budgeting, stock control, audits, health and safety, off-duty.
- 0700 - 1930
- 1930 - 0730