Medical Assessment Unit/Ward D1 West
Royal Gwent Hospital, Cardiff Road, Newport. NP204SZ
01633 234045/ 4048
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Telephone: 01633 234998
Key Learning Opportunities:
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of medical patients
- Interdisciplinary working
- Opportunities to develop knowledge working with MDT -social work; occupational therapy; physiotherapy; dietetics; SALT; Nurse Specialists
- Emergency medical assessment
Preparation for Practice:
Management of both assessment and ward areas in preparation for practice.
- 12 hour shifts - 37.5 hour week.
- 0700 - 1930
- 0800 - 2030
- 0900 - 2130
- 1900 - 0730.
Every 4 weeks, student and staff make up 6 hour shift:
- Early: 0700 - 1330
- Late: 1300 - 1930