Royal Gwent Hospital, Cardiff Road, Newport. NP204SZ
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Telephone: 01633 238491
Key Learning Opportunities:
- Admission of patients for elective inpatient stays.
- Pre-operative care, including the opportunity to visit the pre-admission unit (EPAC).
- ECG, Vene puncture and other pre-operative investigations.
- Visits and follow through of patients to Orthopaedic theatres and recovery.
- Post-operative care.
- Ward rounds.
- Multi Disciplinary team meetings and handovers.
- Daily RMO round and daily inpatient discharges and transfers.
- Occupational therapy
- Daily discharges.
- Plastering and care of patients in casts.
- Dressings and wound management.
- Shift handover.
- Medication rounds.
- Time with pain team.
- Time with foot and ankle nurse specialist.
- Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care. Documentation of care.
- Visit to orthopaedic outpatients
Preparation for Practice:
Experience with support of management of ward team and ward area to include; budgeting, stock control, audits, health and safety, off-duty.
- 0700 - 1500
- 1340 - 2130
- 2110 - 0725