Accident and Emergency Department, Nevill Hall Hospital
Nevill Hall Hospital, Brecon Road, Abergavenny NP7 7EG
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Adults and Children
Key Learning Opportunities:
- Can take one student as a management placement (NR3158)
- Assessment, prioritisation and initial management of a wide range of emergencies
- Opportunity to participate in resuscitation of adults and children presenting with a wide range of medical and traumatic problems
- Participate in interdisciplinary care working closely with nurses, doctors, radiology and paramedics.
- Exposure to nursing care and management of acute injuries and wounds and also health promotion, self care advice.
- Observe nurses who see treat and discharge patients without medical input
- Early - 0700-1500
- Late - 1330-2130
- Nights + longer shifts staggered to match workload