3-1, Nevill Hall Hospital
Nevill Hall Hospital, Brecon Road, Abergavenny NP7 7EG
Position:Lecturer: Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Psychosocial Care
Email: email@example.comTelephone: +44 (0)29 2091 7761Extension: 7761
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Position:ABHB Practice Facilitator: Mental Health and Learning Disabilities
Email: Vijay.Jugmohun@wales.nhs.ukTelephone: +44 (0)1633 234794 or +44 (0)798 419 5328
Key Learning Opportunities:
- Visit to orthopaedic outpatients.
- Admission of patients for elective day surgery and inpatient stays.
- Pre-operative care, including the opportunity to visit the pre-admission unit (EPAC).
- ECG, Vene puncture and other pre-operative investigations.
- Visits and follow through of patients to Orthopaedic theatres and recovery.
- Post-operative care for day surgery and inpatients.
- Ward rounds.
- Multi Disciplinary team meetings and handovers.
- Daily RMO round and daily inpatient discharges and transfers.
- Occupational therapy
- Daily discharges from day surgery
- Plastering and care of patients in casts.
- Dressings and wound management.
- Shift handover.
- Medication rounds.
- Time with pain team.
- Time with foot and ankle nurse specialist.
- Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care. Documentation of care.
- 0710 - 2130
- 2110 - 0725
- 7.5 hours am or pm