Ward 1/2 Gilwern, Nevill Hall Hospital
Nevil Hall Hospitall, Stow Hill, Newport. NP20 4SZ
(01873) 732732 ext 2173/ 2172
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Telephone: 01873 732 871
Adult Trauma / Orthopaedics
Key Learning Opportunities:
- Admission of patients 24hours/ day 7 day per week.
- Pre-operative care.
- Pre-operative investigations.
- Visits and follow through of patients to Trauma theatres and recovery.
- Post-operative care.
- Ward rounds.
- Multi Disciplinary team meetings and handovers.
- Occupational therapy
- Daily discharges and transfers.
- Visit to fracture clinic and plaster room for Plastering and care of patients in casts.
- Dressings and wound management.
- Shift handover.
- Medication rounds.
- Time with pain team.
- Time with outreach (ITU) team.
- Time with tissue viability nurse.
- Time with trauma nurse practitioner and hip fracture nurse.
- Time in radiology department.
- Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care. Documentation of care.
Preparation for Practice:
Experience with support of management of ward team and ward area to include; budgeting, stock control, audits, health and safety, off-duty
- 0650 - 1440
- 1350 - 2140
- 2100 - 0730