North Monmouthshire Community Mental Health Team
Rholben Villa, Maindiff Court, Ross Road, Abergavenny NP7 8NF
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Working age adult community mental health
Key Learning Opportunities:
North Monmouthsire Community Mental Health Team provides an integrated multidisciplinary, multiagency service to individuals, families and carers suffering from the consequences of mental illness. Key aims of the service are:
- To establish a trusting relationship with each client and work in a collaborative, respectful, evidence based, flexible, creative, needs focussed way
- To enable clients to live as fulfilled a life as possible within the community through implementation of the Care Programme Approach and the Recovery Model.
- To maintain service users within the community in partnership with voluntary and statutory organisations, active engagement and practical support
- To deliver a service informed by commitment to anti discriminatory practice and an appreciation of diversity
The service is available to adults aged between 16 and 70 who may be referred by multidisciplinary colleagues.
The following learning opportunities are available under the guidance and supervision of the mentor and staff team;
- Involvement in assessments and interviews
Liaison and experience of working with multidisciplinary and multiagency team members
Involvement in specific interventions, groups, clinics, e.g.
Acute and planned assessment
Care Programme Approach
Monday- Friday: 09.00-17.00
Closed on Bank holidays