Central East Team (Newport Borough)
Beechwood Surgery, 371 Chepstow RD, Newport, NP19 8XR
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Key Learning Opportunities:
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of adults in a community setting
- Interdisciplinary working
- Opportunities to develop knowledge working with MDT (social work; voluntary sector, hospice and palliative care services, occupational therapy; physiotherapy; dietetics; SALT; Nurse Specialists)
- Manage complex health needs and Chronic Disease Management
- Health Promotion and empowerment of patients/clients to self manage and retain independence
- To promotes awareness of diversity of professionals/services who reduce the need for patients to access secondary care
Preparation For Practice:
Year 1 students to familiarise themselves with HIS documentation and attend pre placement preparation for practice session for specific guidelines.
Year 3 students need to be aware of current Policies affecting care of patients/clients in a community setting.