For careers advice, guidance and information for students and graduates, talk to a Career Consultant.
The Careers Service aims to offer a fair and equal service to all its clients, regardless of their sex, ethnic origin, age, sexuality, religion or disability. We are able to offer additional support to students who may benefit from extra help, and we have several booklets available for download to support job applications.
Where to look for jobs
- NHS Careers - for all types of NHS jobs in England, including nursing and midwifery.
- Health of Wales Information Service (HOWIS) - for all types of NHS jobs in Wales including nursing and midwifery.
- NHS Professionals NHS-based recruitment organisation for all NHS jobs, temporary staffing solutions.
- Health Professionals - Recruitment Company for health professionals. This is an example; there are many similar companies that advertise jobs. Do a search on the Web.
- Nursing Times – the main nursing journal. Many vacancies updated daily.
- Direct recruitment e.g. by Ward Manager. Use your contacts from placements.
- NT Guide – distributed free of charge to all final year students. This gives written advice on CVs and applications, as well as details of potential employers in particular locations.
DISCLAIMER: The information and advice provided by the Careers Service is given in good faith and all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure accuracy. Neither Cardiff University nor the individual consultants shall be liable to any person in contract, tort, statute or otherwise for any loss, distress or damage of any kind howsoever caused (except for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Cardiff University or the individual consultants). All information and advice is provided only on the basis of this disclaimer.
For more information, please contact: