Dr Erica Alabaster - PhD, RN, MSc, RNT, DANS, RCNT, DipN (Lond.), WNB Cert (Care of Older People), FHEA, MIFA, ITEC (Holistic Massage)
Awards and Prizes
Awarded the Hettie C. Hopkins Care of the Elderly Nursing Scholarship (2000)
Best poster presentation: Alabaster, E.S. (2007) What am I learning? Nursing students' experiences of work-based placements. Conference abstract: Evidence Based Practice: Practice Based Evidence Conference 2007, Welsh Assembly Government, Cardiff.
Membership and External Activity
Member of the following:
- Medicine and Society Research Interest Group, SOSCI, Cardiff University
- Higher Education Academy
- Practitioner Network on Ageing in Wales
- International Federation of Aromatherapists
- Royal College of Nursing/ fora: Education, Nurses Working with Older People and Complementary Therapies in Nursing.
- Invited visiting scholar/lecturer in Greece and Sweden
Appointed as External Examiner at the School of Applied Psychosocial Studies, Faculty of Health & Social Care, Plymouth University re: interdisciplinary Continuing Professional Development (CPD) specialist undergraduate modules in older person and stroke care.
Invited by Age Concern England and the Royal College of Nursing to join a UK-wide think tank on the issues and solutions around students’ educational preparation for nursing older people and to contribute to a workstream arising.