Dr Mohammad Al-Amri
I obtained my PhD in Rehabilitation Engineering from the Centre for Biomedical Engineering at University of Surrey. During my PhD studies, I have had considerable research experience in several biomedical engineering fields including Virtual Rehabilitation and Clinical Movement Analysis. This allowed the development of the Surrey Virtual Rehabilitation System (SVRS) that is considered appropriate for gait rehabilitation protocols. As part of the SVRS I developed the Real-time Treadmill Speed Control Algorithm that makes augmented treadmill training feasible.
Conference programme Committee memberships
- Workshop on Game Abilitation and Virtual Reality Healthcare (GameVReHealth’2012)
- The 5th WSEAS International Conference on Biomedical Electronics And Biomedical Informatics
Conference Referee Assignments
- the 5th WSEAS International Conference on Biomedical Electronics and Biomedical Informatics (BEBI '12)
- the 3rd IEEEAM International conference on Circuits, Systems, Control, Signals (CSCS '12)
- the 12th WSEAS International Conference on Applied Computer Science (ACS '12)
- the 1st International Conference on Health Science and Biomedical Systems
- the 11th WSEAS International Conference on Signal Processing (SIP '12)
- January 2013 – Present: Early Career Investigator Representative on the International Society for Virtual Rehabilitation.
- January 2010 – December 2012: Postgraduate Student Representative on the International Society for Virtual Rehabilitation.
- 2005 - Present: Full Membership of Jordan Engineering Association (JEA).
- 2006 – 2007: A Member of the IEEE Student Branch at the University Putra Malaysia
- 2010 : Associate Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
- 2008 – 2012: PhD Studentship from University of Surrey to complete the PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering.
- 2000 - 2005: Royal Hashemite Studentship to complete the B. Sc. of Electronic Engineering at Yarmouk University.
- 2008 - Present: Junior Membership of the International Society for Virtual Rehabilitation (ISVR).
- 2008 – 2012: Student Membership of the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- 2008 - 2011: Student Membership of European Society of Biomechanics (ESB).
- 2003 - 2008: Student Membership of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE).
- 1st April 2008 – September 2012: Researcher, Centre for Biomedical Engineering, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
- October 2008 – July 2012: Teaching Assistant , Division of Mechanical, Medical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Surrey, UK
- January to August, 2012: Visiting Clinical Engineer, Gait Laboratory, Queen Mary’s Hospital, Roehampton, London
- July to December, 2005: Research Assistant and Laboratory Engineer, Electronic Engineering Department, Yarmouk University, Jordan
- 2004: Six months experience in Web Development using ASP.NET under VB.Net, at Mansor Incubator, Yarmouk University, Jordan.
- 2003-2005: A Private tutor for some engineering courses at private centres, Irbid, Jordan.