What’s on Offer?
In order to support universities in further developing their widening participation programmes and activities to meet these requirements, an experienced team with expertise in the field of widening participation has been established at Cardiff University. Having secured funding from a major foundation, we are able to offer universities a range of services as set out below. The first two days of support would be provided at no cost to the universities; any further consultancy required would be offered at a subsidised rate.
What services are we offering?
The team will provide a bespoke programme, appropriate to the individual requirements of your university. This could be agreed drawing on two or three of the following potential services:
- a review of existing widening participation and fair access policy, providing critical appraisal and recommendations for further development, as well as suggestions on effective implementation
- the design of a framework and an operational plan for organising and implementing widening participation programmes
- the design, organisation and implementation of comprehensive university–school partnership schemes
- the training of trainers to deliver peer mentoring or buddy programmes in universities
- the training of peer mentors or buddies (to support student retention in universities)
- the design of support provision for undergraduates once enrolled on courses (eg additional study support, mentoring, pastoral support, help with basic skills)
- the training of undergraduates and postgraduates to undertake mentoring and/or master classes for pupils within local secondary schools
- the training of trainers within universities who can then train undergraduates to undertake mentoring and/or master classes in schools
- the provision of appropriate documents, eg manuals of guidance, handbooks, training standards, codes of practice
- the design of training programmes and appropriate materials and activities
- the training for the establishment of effective monitoring and evaluation systems over a range of widening participation programmes
- the evaluation of appropriate elements or programmes of widening access and participation
- the design of a framework and appropriate instruments to undertake quality assurance over a range of widening participation programmes.
For further information or to arrange a free consultation, email: email@example.com