About the Learning and Development Unit
The Learning and Development Unit of the Cardiff School of Social Sciences promotes and supports innovative action research projects and other interventions. In particular, over the past decade it has been responsible for the coordination and/or management of the following:
- the National Professional Qualification for Headship in Wales (1997–2011)
- the action research project Countering Underachievement Especially in Boys (1997–99)
- the National Mentoring Pilot Project (1999–2004)
- the First Campus Mentoring Project (Wales) (2003–7)
- the National Mentoring Scheme (2004–6)
- the Mentoring Module of the Welsh Assembly Government’s Learning Coach project (2006–11)
- the Aimhigher Associates Scheme (2008–11).
- the Widening Participation and Fair Access in Higher Education project (2011–12)
The Learning and Development Unit (LDU) has a long and successful track record in establishing and running action research projects and high-quality mentoring programmes. For more information please email us at email@example.com.