Modules offered as Short Courses
Individual Modules Offered in conjunction with the Centre for Lifelong Learning
You can now take individual modules, as ten-week short courses. School Certificates can be awarded for successful completion of coursework or just attendance only. Completion of a course does not give you any credit towards a Masters Degree. However, this option allows you to learn about particular social science areas and will strengthen your professional development.
For an application form please contact us using the details at the bottom of this page.
Terms and Conditions
Qualifications prior to commencement of the individual module course:
- an initial degree awarded by an approved degree awarding body; normally of at least lower second class standard or the equivalent
- a non graduate qualification which the module leader has deemed to be of a satisfactory standard for the purpose of admission onto the course.
- A non graduate whose relative lack of formal qualifications is compensated for by his/her age and relevant work experience may also join the group if:
- the applicant is 25 years or over on or before the day on which he/she is required to register for the scheme of study.
- the applicant has held, for a minimum of two years, a responsible position which is relevant to the scheme to be pursued.
Module Catalogue (coming soon)
Note: Whilst every effort is made to avoid changes to modules, published details may be altered without notice, at any time. The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to withdraw or amend any part of it’s modules without prior notice. Every effort will be made to minimise inconvenience to students.