Postgraduate Certificate in Education
Full course information and on-line applications are now available via the course title links below:
- PGCE (PCET) one year full-time - Postgraduate Certificate in Education - Level 7
- PGCE (PCET) two years part time - Postgraduate Certificate in Education - Level 7 and Professional Graduate Certificate in Education - Level 6
Please note: these courses are not suitable for those wishing to teach in primary and secondary schools
Have you considered a Career in Teaching? Are you an enthusiastic, motivated individual? Why not sign up for our PGCE (PCET) one year full-time programme.
Are you a Trainer? Do you train others? Would you like help to improve your teaching/training skills? Would you like to obtain a formal PGCE (PCET) qualification? Why not sign up for our PGCE (PCET) two year part-time programme.
How to Apply
Please visit our "How to Apply Page", which gives a step by step guide to applying.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)29 208 74021
- Can I get an incentive bursary?
The Welsh Government have announced that ALL full-time students studying PGCE (PCET) Programmes in 2012/13 will qualify for £1000 as part of the Initial Teacher Training Grants. Trainee teachers in STEM subjects such as Mathematics, Sciences, Electronics, Engineering, Computing, Technology and Literacy will qualify for £3000 as part of the Governments incentives. Bursaries are awarded following successful enrolment on to the PGCE (PCET) Full-time Programme. Payments are distributed on a monthly basis. For further information please click on this link to the Welsh Government announcements and for the Bursary News document. (Cymraeg)
- We recently asked some of our current students on PGCE (PCET) Programmes to tell us about their experience of the courses, this is what they said:
- PGCE Suggested Pre Course Reading 2011/12