Ms Claire Lawson
- MSc Criminology and Criminal Justice. Cardiff University 2010.
- BA(Hons) Politics. Swansea University 1994.
- Plural policing specifically in terms of animal cruelty.
- The use and abuse of animals in society.
- State and NGO responses to the problem of ‘dangerous’ and ‘status’ dogs.
- The links between animal cruelty and interpersonal violence.
PhD Topic/ Area
Entitled 'Hoodies', 'Hounds' and Harm Reduction: A criminological study - the research will examine the programmes and responses by the UK state and welfare agencies designed to tackle the emerging phenomena of the use of dogs in anti-social and criminal behaviour, which will include an appraisal of contemporary issues in the USA.