Mr Rhys Jones
- BSc (Hons) Biology: 2.1 (University of Glamorgan)
- MSc Biomedical Science (Medical Biochemistry): Distinction (UWIC)
- MSc Research (Medical Science): University of Glasgow
- PGCE FE: Distinction (University of Cardiff)
I am extremely passionate and enthusiastic about teaching, learning and research in adult education. I have been lecturing at HE level now for 4 years and am keen to continue my professional role within a Higher Education Institution. I have also recently started a Professional Doctorate in Education (part time) and am keen on feeding the research I carry out back into my teaching and other research aims (using ICT to enhance the student learning experience).
I am a Lecturer in Applied Human Physiology at Birmingham City University.
- Enhancing student enjoyment and achievement using ILT,
- Science communication,
- Biomarkers and Cervical Cancer,
- Adaptive immunity and asthma,
- hypersensitivity and allergic reactions.
PhD Topic / Area
Information Learning Technologies (ILT) and the interactive whiteboard in post-compulsory education: effects on teaching and learning in the 21st century