Prof Sally Power
- 2012- Director, WISERDEDUCATION
- 2011- Co-Director (Cardiff), WISERD (Wales Institute of Social and Economic Research Data and Methods)
- 2004- Cardiff Professorial Fellow, School of Social Sciences, Cardiff University
- 2001- 2004 Head of School of Educational Foundations and Policy Studies, Institute of Education, University of London.
- 2000- Professor of Education and Associate Dean of Research.
- 1998-2000 Senior Lecturer in Education Policy, Policy Studies, Institute of Education, University of London
- 1996-1998 Lecturer, Graduate School of Education, University of Bristol
- 1994-1996 Research Officer, Dept of Policy Studies, Institute of Education, University of London
- 1992-1994 Research Fellow, Department of Education, University of Warwick
Awards and Prizes
- Research Fellowship, Institut National de Recherche Pédagogique, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Lyon, France, March - June 2008
- Various keynote speeches
- First prize, Society for Educational Studies Book Award 2004
Memberships / External Activities
- BERA Council Member
- Chair of BERA Publications Committee
- Co-editor Sociology
On editorial board of:
- British Journal of Sociology of Education
- International Journal of Inclusive Education
- International Studies in Sociology of Education
- Journal of Education Policy
- Journal of Educational Administration and History
- London Review of Education
- Práxis Educativa
- Series editor (with Peter Aggleton and Michael Reiss) of Foundations and Futures in Education published by Routledge.
- Undergraduate courses in sociology of education and education policy.
- Masters courses in education policy and education research.
- Doctoral courses on professionalism and work, education policy and social contexts of education.