Dr Tom Hall - Current and Archive Schedule
- 6th-8th April, 2011. British Sociological Association Annual Conference, London. “60 Years of Sociology”. Paper: Urban circulations: outreach work, homelessness, and the city (with Rob Smith).
- 7th-9th April, 2010. British Sociological Association Annual Conference, Glasgow. Paper: Tinkering in the City: The Accomplishment of the Outreach Encounter (with Rob Smith). Also “Meet the Editors” session as team member for the BSA lead journal Sociology.
- 4th-6th May, 2010. Qualitative Research in the Social Sciences in Europe (EUROQUAL), Final Conference, "International Perspectives on Qualitative Research in the Social Sciences".
- 5th-8th July, 2010. 4th Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Research Methods Festival, Oxford. Paper: Local knowledge: place, non-place and urban spatial practice (with Rob Smith).
- 11th-17th July, 2010. XVII International Sociological Association World Congress of Sociology, Gothenburg. “Sociology on the Move”. Attended as editor of British Sociological Association lead journal, Sociology (with Amanda Coffey, Sally Power and Amanda Robinson). http://www.uk.sagepub.com/journalsProdDesc.nav?prodId=Journal201569
- 17th-21st November, 2010. 109th Annual Meeting of the American Anthropological Association, New Orleans. “Circulation” Paper: Local motion, local knowledge: research ‘on the move’ with urban patrols (with Rob Smith). Also, paper: Circuits of city space: moving and meeting with the homeless (with Rob Smith).
- 29th-31st January. Marginalised Youth: Movement in Time and Space. Internaional seminar hosted by the Department of Anthropology and Ethnography, University of Århus, Denmark. Keynote: Pedestrian circuits, young lives and transforming communities.
- 18th February. Economic and Social Research Council Seminar Series: Rethinking Youth. Seminar 1: Rethinking Youth Culture. London Knowledge Lab. Core group member.
- 2nd-3rd April. Nutopia: Exploring the Metropolitan Imagination. An international symposium held in Cardiff City Centre; developed by artist Jennie Savage, commissioned and managed by Safle and supported by the Arts Council of Wales and Cardiff County Council. http://www.arcadesproject.org/?cat=6 Paper, by invitation: Rhythm and the good city.
- 16th-18th April. British Sociological Association Annual Conference, Cardiff. Attended publications session as incoming editorial team member for the BSA lead journal Sociology. http://www.uk.sagepub.com/journalsProdDesc.nav?prodId=Journal201569
- 7th May. School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton. Paper by invitation: Hurt and the city: landscapes of urban violence.
- 22nd May. Economic and Social Research Council Seminar Series: Rethinking Youth. Seminar 2: Youth and childhood studies in global context. University of Newcastle. Core group member.
- 11th June. Walking as method and practice. Interdisciplinary workshop, Cardiff University. Paper, by invitation: Footwork – pedestrian enquiries and the cityscape (with Rob Smith).
- 26th-28th August. Royal Geographical Society Conference: Geography, Knowledge and Society. Paper: Urban outreach as sensory walking (with Rob Smith).
- 29th October. School of Applied Social Science, University of Brighton. Paper, by invitation: Hurt and the city: landscapes of urban violence.
- 25th November. Department of Geography, Manchester Metropolitan University. Paper, by invitation: The day of the ailanthus: circuits of urban neglect and repair.