Dr Katy Greenland
Memberships / External Activities
- Reviewer for: British Journal of Psychology; Economic and Social Research Council; European Journal of Social Psychology; Gender and Education; Journal of Homosexuality; Leverhulme Trust.
- Member of: British Psychological Society; European Association of Social Psychology; Society for Personality and Social Psychology; Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues.
Recent Research Grants
- Wales Office of Research & Development April 2010- March 2013 (£55,650) Project title: The role of statutory social workers in suicide prevention. With Jonathan Scourfield.
- Economic and Social Research Council December 2005- December 2008 (£154, 477). The role of physiological arousal and intergroup anxiety in prejudice. With Greg Maio.
- Bausch & Lomb Europe: February 2004- February 2007 ( £18,653) Reducing contact lens related patient anxiety. With Tom Margrain.
- Welsh Office of Research and Development: Nov 2001 (£96, 803). Young people, gender, and suicide prevention. With Jonathan Scourfield, Lindsay Prior, and Jane Scourfield.
- Japanese Ministry of Education, Science, Sports, and Culture: 1998 – 2000. Project title: A comparative study on the contextual and social identity. With Toshikatsu Kakimoto.
- Nuffield Foundation Bursary: 1998 (£1,300). Project title: Intergroup anxiety and outgroup perception.
- Year one Introduction to Social Psychology
- Year two Social Research Methods
- Year two Psychology and Social Behaviour
- Year three Dissertation
- PGCE/ Cert Ed (FE): Foundations of Learning and Teaching
- Masters Social Work
- Constantino Dumangane (2010- ). African/Caribbean Boys’ Experiences of Secondary Education. Co-supervised with David James and Debbie Epstein.
- Susanne Spooner (2010- ). Resilience and Volunteering by Looked After Children. Co-supervised with Sally Holland
- Tom Slater (2010- ). Evaluating the role of social workers in suicide prevention. Co-supervised with Jonathan Scourfield
- Richard Taulke- Johnson (2005- 2009) Living Differently: The Experiences of Gay Male University Students. Co-supervised with Debbie Epstein.
- Hannah Gee (2004- 2009) Identity Negotiation and the Equality Agenda in Universities. Co-supervised with Debbie Epstein.
- Helen Court (2004- 2007). Anxiety and the Optometric Patient. Co-supervised with Tom Margrain.