Prof Phillip Brown
- Research Convenor for Work, Employability and the Labour Market (WELM);
- Head of Marketing and Communications within the School of Social Sciences;
- Member of the School of Social Sciences Management Board.
Memberships / External Activities
- Plenary speaker at academic and professional conferences across Europe, Asia and North America;
- Advisor to governments on skill formation and international best practice for workforce development;
- Advisor to private and public sector organisations on the future of work, skills and the knowledge economy; the global labour market; employability, recruitment, and the management of talent.
There are currently opportunities for exceptional students to join a small team of PhD students and post-doctoral researchers that I am supervising on issues relating to education, employability, work, and the knowledge economy. If anyone is interested in becoming part of a dynamic team of researchers engaged in leading-edge research please contact me at BrownP1@Cardiff.ac.uk.