Welcome to the SIMS home page
If you are a student with an issue relating to access to SIMS, enrolment or your student record please contact: Student Records team on 02920 876211.
Please note that information relating to students, modules and programmes is accessible through SIMS Online.
The Student Information Management System (SIMS) is the single student system for Cardiff University which will:
- provide a University-wide information facility which supports the University to achieve its strategic aims;
- facilitate the University-wide management processes;
- promote enhanced automation of routine procedures;
- reduce dependence on paper based forms and introduce a self-service model;
- cater for management information requirements;
- lead to the elimination of duplication of effort and data in different areas of the University;
Requests for information from SIMS such as bespoke report that is not available through SIMS Online or BusinessObjects would need to be requested to the Student Information Needs Group (SING).
Information relating to SING and the "SIMS Information Request Form" is available to download on this page.
SIMS User Account Management
SIMS Accounts are managed within schools and by the helpdesk depending upon where you are based.
If you require a SIMS account and are based within a school, you would need to contact your SCHOOL SIMS ADMINISTRATOR. If you are based in a directorate you would need to contact the SIMSStaffAccess@cf.ac.uk.
SIMS Support for Staff
Help and advice for staff can be obtained from the following:
- Admissions: email@example.com
- Student Records: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduation: email@example.com
- Exams: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
For staff access to SIMS Client, SIMS Online or Business Objects please contact SimsStaffAccess@cf.ac.uk
For IT specific queries please contact INSRVCONNECT@cf.ac.uk