Dr Panagiota Manti
Telephone:+44 (0) 2920 875157
Location:John Percival Building, Room 3.13
- applications of scientific methodology and techniques in the study of heritage materials and conservation practice.
- policies related to the scientific study of material cultural.
- relationships between manufacturing technology and decay/corrosion phenomena of archaeological objects.
- non-destructive analyses and examination methods used in conservation and archaeological science.
- Manti, P. and Watkinson, D. (2011). Hot-tinning of low tin bronzes. In Metal 2010. Proceedings of the Interim Meeting of the ICOM-CC Metal Working Group, Charleston, South Carolina, USA, 11-15 October 2010. Mardikian, P., Chemello, C., Watters, C., and Hull, P. (eds), Clemson University, Charleston: 92-98. (ISBN 978-0-9830399-2-1)
- Manti, P. Henderson, J. and Watkinson, D. (2011). Reflective practice in conservation education. Preprints of the ICOM-CC 16th Triennial Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, September 19-23, 2011. The International Council of Museums – Committee for Conservation (ISBN 9789899752207)
- Manti P. and Watkinson D. (2009). From Homer to hoplite: scientific investigations of Greek copper alloy helmets. Chapter 12. In: Science and Technology in Homeric Epics. Paipetis, S. A. (Ed.). History of Mechanism and Machine Science Series No 6. Springer Science Publications, London: 167-179 (doi:10.1007/978-1-4020-8784-4_12)
- Henderson J. and Manti P. (2008). Access for analysis. Conservation and Access. Contributions to the IIC London Congress, 15-19 September 2008. The International Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works. D. Saunders, J.H. Townsend and S. Woodcock (eds), IIC, London: 115-119. (ISBN 9780954816926)
- Manti P. and Watkinson D. (2007). Examination of Greek bronze helmets: sampling and project design. Metal 07. Proceedings of the ICOM-CC Metal Working Group International Triennial Meeting. Amsterdam, 17-21 September 2007, C. Degrigny, R. van Langh, I. Joosten and B. Ankersmit (eds), Rijksmuseum Amsterdam: 78-82.
- Tite M.S., Manti P. and Shortland A.J. (2007). A technological study of ancient faience from Egypt. Journal of Archaeological Science Volume 34, Issue 10, 1568-1583. (doi:10.1016/j.jas.2006.11.010)
I am leading modules on introduction to conservation practice, the decay and conservation of organic materials and the conservation of inorganic materials. I contribute to teaching modules on practical conservation projects, archaeological science and to supervising independent conservation studies and dissertations for BSc and MSc programmes in Conservation (see Biography Page).