Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu
Dr Roy Kearsley
- Tertullian's Theology of Divine Power, Carlisle, 1999
- Book in preparation: Goodbye Babylon. A theology for church and mission in the presence of power
Papers and Articles
- ‘Tertullian as apologist’ in Dictionary of Apologetics, Leicester (forthcoming).
- ‘Tertullian’ in Prof D M McKim, (ed.,) Revised Historical Handbook of Major Biblical Interpreters, Illinois: (forthcoming).
- Texts, ‘power-relations’ and theologies for liberation - delivered at the conference of the Society for the Study of Theology, Exeter, April 2004
- ‘Baptism Then and Now. Does Moltmann bury Tertullian or praise him?’ In S E Porter & A Cross (eds.,) Dimensions of Baptism, Sheffield, Sheffield Academic Press, JSNTS 234 Oct 2002, 236-252.
- ‘Tertullian’ in Prof D M McKim, (ed.,) Historical Handbook of Major Biblical Interpreters, Illinois: 1998."Calvin and the power of the elder. A case of the rogue hermeneutic?", in A N S Lane, ed., Interpreting the Bible, Leicester, 1997.
- ‘The Impact of Greek Concepts of God on the Christology of Cyril of Alexandria’ (Tyndale Lecture in Christian Doctrine), Tyndale Bulletin, November, 43/2, 1992.
- "Faith and Philosophy in the Early Church", Themelios 1990,15/3"Christ, and History: An Early Version" in N de Cameron, Issues In Faith and History, Carlisle: Paternoster, 1989.
- ‘Adoptionism’, ‘Angels’, ‘Grace’, ‘Perseverance’, ‘Repentance’, ‘Tertullian’ in Wright & Ferguson (eds.,) The New Dictionary of Theology, Leicester, 1988.