Ways to get support with sDNA
- Have you found the ever-growing documentation? Yes, we know, we do need to write more of it! What we have should be installed on your Start menu under sDNA; there is also a copy online including a friendly guide to what it all means.
- If that doesn’t help, please have a look at the bugs and support forum – and use the “search forum” feature if need be. You may well find the answer there.
- If that doesn’t help, likely because the bugs forum is empty (hoorah!) then click on New Topic and write us a message (you will need to register first). We will automatically be notified of new topics and will respond as soon as possible.
- If you don’t want your correspondence with us to be public, you can drop an email instead to email@example.com. This won’t result in a quicker response than using the forum, as we get automatic emails from the forum software anyway, but it might be a more appropriate means of contact if (for example) you have issues with your serial number.
If reporting bugs, please tell us
- which version of sDNA you are using (if you are not sure, open sDNA License Manager from the Start menu and look in the status box)
- whether you are running in ArcGIS (which version?), Autocad (which version?), or standalone (which version of Python are you using?)
- your operating system (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8; also – importantly – 32 or 64 bit?)
- how much memory you have
- whether or not you have an administrator account on the computer you use
as well as
- what you were trying to do
- what you expected to happen
- the error (i.e., what happened)
- if the error appears as a dialog box, can you get a screen grab?
- if the error appears in the output, can you copy and paste? (from the ArcGIS results window; Autocad sDNA window or Python standard output)
We make regular releases of sDNA so hopefully we’ll be able to fix any trouble you have as soon as possible.