Centre for China Business Research
The Centre for China Business Research aims to be an internationally known centre for China-related accounting, finance and business research.
The Centre undertakes high quality research relating to accounting, finance and business issues in China.
- Ezzamel, M. and Xiao, J. Z. 2015. The development of accounting regulations for foreign invested firms in China: The role of Chinese characteristics. Accounting Organizations and Society 44 , pp.60-84. (10.1016/j.aos.2015.05.005)
- Chen, D. et al., 2014. The effect of government quality on corporate cash holdings. Journal of Corporate Finance 27 , pp.384-400. (10.1016/j.jcorpfin.2014.05.008)
- Matthews, K. G. P. 2013. Risk Management and managerial efficiency in Chinese banks: A network DEA framework. Omega 41 (2), pp.207-215. (10.1016/j.omega.2012.06.003)
- Asmild, M. and Matthews, K. G. P. 2012. Multi-directional efficiency analysis of efficiency patterns in Chinese banks 1997-2008. European Journal of Operational Research 219 (2), pp.434-441. (10.1016/j.ejor.2012.01.001)
- Li, P. et al., 2012. Is there an expectations gap in the roles of independent directors? An explorative study of listed Chinese companies. British Journal of Management 23 (2), pp.206-222. (10.1111/j.1467-8551.2010.00727.x)
- Chen, J. , Ezzamel, M. and Cai, Z. 2011. Managerial power theory, tournament theory, and executive pay in China. Journal of Corporate Finance 17 (4), pp.1176-1199.
- Ezzamel, M. , Xiao, J. Z. and Pan, A. 2007. Political Ideology and Accounting Regulation in China. Accounting Organizations and Society 32 (7-8), pp.669-700. (10.1016/j.aos.2006.09.008)
- Xiao, J. Z. , Chow, C. and Yang, H. 2004. The determinants and characteristics of voluntary Internet-based disclosures by listed Chinese companies. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy 23 (3), pp.191-225. (10.1016/j.jaccpubpol.2004.04.002)
- Child, J. , Chung, L. and Davies, H. 2003. The performance of cross-border units in China: a test of natural selection, strategic choice and contingency theories. Journal of International Business Studies 34 (3), pp.242-254. (10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8400033)
- Xiao, J. Z. , Zhang, Y. and Xie, Z. 2000. The Making of Independent Auditing Standards in China. Accounting Horizons 14 (1), pp.69-89. (10.2308/acch.2000.14.1.69)
Senior Lecturer in Finance
- +44 (0)29 2087 5514
Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management and Organizational Behaviour
- +44 (0)29 2087 5250
Cardiff Professorial Fellow
- +44 (0)29 2087 4277
Sir Julian Hodge Professor of Banking and Finance
- 029 2087 5855
Associate Dean for Research, Professor in Organisational Analysis
- +44 (0)29 2087 6392