Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Withdrawal From University

Withdrawal from university

This page explains how you would go about withdrawing from University.  You should discuss this decision with your Personal Tutor or Student Support. You must inform the University as soon as you have decided to permanently withdraw.

What to do after deciding to withdraw from the University

Having discussed withdrawing from the University with your School and Student Support and decided that you want to permanently withdraw; you must formally notify the University through SIMS.

If you do not have access to the internet then you can complete the form and send it to the address at the bottom of the page.

Notifying relevant parties of your withdrawal

The University will notify all relevant school and administrative offices within the University.  Furthermore, where relevant, sponsors, the United Kingdom Borders Agency and the Student Loans Company will be notified of your withdrawal within 10 days of you notifying the University through SIMS.

If you are living in University-owned accommodation, you need to follow all your contractual obligations regarding moving out.

Temporarily leaving the University/Interrupting study

If you need to leave the University temporarily then you can apply for an Interruption of Study.  To find out more information about this option you can read the Interruption of Study webpage, speak to your Personal Tutor or Student Support.

Contact Information

If you require further guidance on withdrawing then you can contact student records using the following details:

Student Records Team: Ask Cardiff

Tel: +44 (0)2920 876211
Post: Student Records, Cardiff University, McKenzie House, 30-36 Newport Road, CF24 0DE

Related Resources