SIMS and Business Objects
What is SIMS?
- The Student Information Management System (SIMS) is the institution wide database used by Cardiff University and hold details of all undergraduate applications to Cardiff University.
- Retrieval of Student information is accessible through SIMS Online, with access to the SIMS being approved through completion of the appropriate application forms located here.
- Access to SIMS may be obtained by contacting the SIMS Helpdesk
What is Business Objects?
- Business Objects is a reporting tool that is currently being used in conjunction with SIMS to provide quick access to more sophisticated reporting needs.
- Reports are written by INSRV at the request of the SIMS Information Needs Group (SING).
- Access to Business Objects may be obtained by contacting the SIMS Helpdesk.
- Further information relating to admissions data via BusinessObjects can be accessed here.
Up to date information relating to BusinessObjects and SIMS can be located here.