Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Visa Requirements for International Applicants

Most students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) wishing to study in the UK need a student visa.  Once your place at Cardiff is confirmed, the University will assist you with your visa application by applying for a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) reference number for you from the UK Borders Agency (UKBA).

Before we request your CAS number we will contact you by email to ask you to check your CAS statement via the Cardiff on-line application service.  It is very important that you complete the checking process as soon as you are asked to so we can email you your CAS number in time for you to apply for your visa.

You will find further information about applying for a student visa at