Looking for European Research Funding in Collaboration with Cardiff University
* Research aim – “Our researchers are working across disciplines to tackle major challenges facing society, the economy and our environment”.
* Ranked 2nd in Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 for Impact of our Research;
* Ranked 5th in Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 for Research Excellence;
* 2 Nobel Laureates in Medicine and Chemistry;
* Research Institutes:
• Cardiff Catalysis Institute (+link to web page)
• European Cancer Stem Cell Research Institute (+link to web page)
• Neuroscience & Mental Health Research Institute (+link to web page)
• Sustainable Places Research Institute (+link to web page)
* Awarded Horizon 2020 projects in Excellence Science: ERC & MSCA, LEIT, Societal Challenges……..
* 165 European Framework Programme 7 (FP7) awarded projects:
11 ERC awards,
53 Marie Curie Actions ;
72 Cooperation projects;
20 Capacities projects;
7 JTI: IMI & Cleansky projects.
*25 Awarded Structural Funds projects – 13 Territorial Cooperation Programme: INTERREG; Operational Programme: 9 European Regional Development Fund (ERDF); & 3 European Social Fund (ESF);
*47 Awarded Other European Research Funding including Competitiveness & Innovation Programme (CIP); European Cooperation in Science & Technology (COST); EC DG Education & Culture: Employment, Enterprise, Health, Home Affairs, Justice, Regional Policy & Transport; EC Public Health; European Space Agency (ESA); European Observation Network, Territorial Development & Cohesion (ESPON); Research Fund for Coal & Steel (RFSC).