Pro Vice-Chancellor, College of Physical Sciences & Engineering
Professor Karen Holford
- Overall management and leadership of the College including setting the overall strategy and direction of the College
- Promoting the academic values, including research and education, of the College with overall responsibility for academic performance of the College
- Control, allocation and accounting for the financial, human, physical and other resources of the College
Tel: 02920 875356
PA to Professor Karen Holford Pro Vice-Chancellor, College of Physical Sciences
Ms Belinda Jones
Tel: 029 20 875356
The College Board provides executive leadership to the Schools in the College, assisting Professor Holford in matters relating to College strategy, policy, resources, performance and academic activities. It is also empowered to make recommendations to the College Pro Vice-Chancellor. The College Board meets fortnightly, to help drive the College in its ambition to be a world-leading centre of academic excellence.
College Dean for International
Professor Walter Gear
Tel: 02920 874785
College Dean for Education and Students
Professor Bob Lark
Tel: 02920 876176
College Dean for Research
Professor Roger Whitaker
Tel: 02920 875490
College Heads of Schools
Professor Chris Tweed - Welsh School of Architecture
Tel 02920 876207
Professor Rudolf Allemann - School of Chemistry
Tel: 02920 879014
Professor Steve Hurley - School of Computer Science & Informatics
Tel: 02920 874749
Professor Ian Hall - School of Earth and Ocean Sciences
Tel: 02920 875612
Professor Phil Bowen -School of Engineering
Tel: 02920 874688
Professor Tim Phillips - School of Mathematics
Tel: 02920 874194
Professor Matt J Griffin - School of Physics and Astronomy
Tel: 02920 874785
Mr Martin Haynes
- As the College's senior non-academic officer, responsible for ensuring the delivery of effective support for the College's activities, working closely with colleagues both within the constituent schools and the professional services departments
- Working closely with the College Pro Vice-Chancellor and with the College Board to contribute to the development and delivery of the College's Strategy
- Oversight of financial resources, working with the College Management Accountant to ensure the financial sustainability of the College's activities
Tel: 02920 870601
Dr Sophie Buchaillard-Davies
Associate Registrar (Strategy)
- Provides high level and broad ranging advice and coordination of support to the College Pro Vice-Chancellor, Registrar, College Deans and other senior staff
- Assists with the development and implementation of College strategies, special projects and initiatives
- Oversees engagement activities and management information analyses
- Deputises for the Registrar of the College of Physical Sciences and Engineering
Mr Richard Lewis
- Leads on all financial matters relating to the College including providing timely information and advice to the College Pro Vice-Chancellor, College Registrar, College Board and the University's Director of Finance.
- Contributes to the strategic planning of the College by advising on financial budgeting, management and control.
- Analyses and comments on key financial data for all of the schools within the College on a regular and timely manner and reports the findings to College Board.
- Provides financial expertise in developing business cases for major projects and initiatives within the College and monitors the financial aspects of their execution.
Mrs Juliet Jukes
HR Business Partner for the School of Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Provide strategic and operational HR advice and guidance to the College Pro Vice-Chancellor, College Registrar and Heads of School
- Provide a high quality and professional HR service in the College
- Develop and deliver local HR strategies, plans and activities aligned with the College and University vision and the University's People Strategy
- Support senior managers in the College in planning and delivering effective change management and increased performance
Phone: 02920 879103
Note: Juliet works part-time Monday to Friday 9 am to 2.30 pm
Mr David Bevan
Human Resources Manager
- To support the HR Business Partner by providing pro-active professional HR advice and support to all levels of staff in the College.
- To deliver effective and consistent people practices in line with the University vision.
- To work with the colleagues in other College teams, People Services Centre and HR Centres of Expertise to provide professional HR services to the College.
Phone: 029 2087 9697 (79697)
Dr Melanie Rimmer
- Provides data analysis and interpretation to support the College's activities and strategic planning, including performance review, projects and initiatives and evidence to support business cases, and to inform decision-making at College Board and College Operations Board.
- Works with Schools in the College to ensure that data analysis and interpretation is informed by contextual knowledge
- Acts as an interface with the Planning and Business Intelligence teams to support understanding of College needs and priorities
Phone: 029 208 76873
- Provides a comprehensive and confidential secretarial/support service to staff within the College of Physical Sciences & Engineering office.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Executive Assistant Belinda Jones
Phone: 02920 879 716