Customer care is an integral part of the services that we provide. Our customer care policy sets out what you can expect from us, and in turn details what we expect from you when you use our services and facilities.
We are committed to providing a service which is friendly, helpful and responsive to your needs and do everything reasonably possible to ensure the reliability of our services.
You can expect our staff to be courteous, respectful and considerate at all times, and to respond to your enquiries promptly and efficiently.
You can help us to accomplish this by treating our staff and fellow customers with respect and courtesy.
Our commitment to you, our customer, is to:
- provide a service which is friendly, helpful and responsive to your needs at all times
- create a pleasant and welcoming environment
- publicise relevant, accurate and up-to-date information
- actively seek your comments to ensure we continue to develop and improve our service
- do everything reasonably possible to ensure the reliability of our services
- endeavour to exceed customer expectation.
You can expect our staff to:
- be courteous, respectful and considerate at all times
- be knowledgeable and provide accurate, timely and up-to-date information
- respond to your enquiries promptly and efficiently
- work collaboratively with you to understand your requirements
- communicate promptly with integrity, fairness and professionalism
- proactively interact with you and encourage feedback
- be appropriately trained for the service they provide
- employ high standards and understanding with regard to equality and diversity
You can help us to accomplish this by:
- treating our staff and fellow customers with respect and courtesy
- informing us at time of enquiry/booking of any specific requirements you may have
- clarifying with us if you are unsure about any of the information provided or if you need further detail
- providing clear information about your requirements to ensure the service provided is relevant to your needs
We are committed to continuous improvement in customer service. We encourage and welcome your feedback as this will provide us with the opportunity to improve.
If you are not satisfied with the level of service you receive, please let us know. We will respond quickly, efficiently and effectively. In making your complaint, you are providing us with the opportunity to improve our services.
CPD Unit customer care service standards
We are committed to providing a quality customer service to all. To help us achieve our goal we have set ourselves service standards in line with our Customer Care Policy. Our standards, below, outline the level of service you can expect from the CPD Unit.
- We will acknowledge all customer feedback, enquiries and complaints within 3 working days (where contact details are provided).
- We will answer phone calls within 10 seconds during the hours of 09:00 to 16:30 and keep use of answer machines to a minimum during office hours.
- We will provide information relating to confirmation / cancellation of courses at least 10 working days in advance of the scheduled start date.
- We will invite all course attendees to evaluate our service and will communicate with our customers about the improvements we continue to make.
- We will achieve at least 90% ‘good’ or ‘excellent’ responses from our customers when asked to assess the extent to which the advertised topics were covered during the course.
- We will achieve at least 90% ‘good’ or ‘excellent’ responses from our customers when asked to assess the level of care they have received from us.
- We will review published information on a quarterly basis to ensure the content is accurate and up to date.
- We will review our provision on an annual basis to ensure it is relevant and appropriate.
How are we doing?
We are committed to continuously improving our service and we welcome your feedback.
If you are not satisfied with the level of service you receive then please let us know using our complaints procedure. We will respond quickly, efficiently and effectively. In making your complaint you are providing us with the opportunity to improve our services.
Core working hours are 09:00 – 16:30 Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and University closed days.
Customer Service Excellence
The CPD Unit is proud to hold the Customer Service Excellence standard.
We are committed to providing a service which is welcoming, reliable and exceeds customer expectations.