Guidance on viewing event webcasts for Windows users
External (from outside the University)
To view the webcasts it is recommended that your system meets the following specifications:
- Windows XP
- Internet Explorer 5.1 (or later) Or Firefox 1.5
- Windows Media Player 9, 10 or 11.
For optimum results use Windows XP, Internet Explorer 6 and Windows Media Player 10.
The webcasts can also be viewed with Windows Vista, Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Media Player 11.
Internal (from within the University)
To view the webcasts on campus you will need to be logged-on to a Windows XP Workstation with Windows Media Player 9/10.
Please note that you can not access the webcasts from a Windows NT Workstation because this operating system does not support the most recent versions of Windows Media Player.
If you do not have access to an XP Workstation you can visit the Julian Hodge Study Centre, Colum Drive.
Note for users with old images: If you are using Media Player 9 with an older image and have never used the Media Player before you may not see the webcast playing straight away. Please try the following procedure to enable your player.
- Open stand-alone Media Player. You can do this by following the link "View in stand-alone player" at the top of the webcast page.
- Select Radio Tuner from the navigation panel on the left.
- Click on the underlined text "connect the player".
- Return to your web browser and refresh the page.
Note for Netscape / Mozilla users: You need to view the webcasts in the stand-alone media player. To do so follow the link 'View in stand-alone player' at the top of the webcast page.
Note for Opera users: Please note that you cannot access the webcasts with Opera.