Dr Chris Saunders - PhD
- To work with and support the School Research Committee to develop appropriate policies and processes related to School and University research strategies.
- To manage the archiving and preparation of information for research evaluation exercises and to coordinate the School's submissions for such.
- To produce reports, policy documents and promotional materials related to research at the School.
- Web Officer and Chair of Web Oversight Group.
- Joint Secretary of School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Ethics Committee.
- School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences representative on the University's Research Associates Forum. I am also a member of the University's Web Transformation Project and Web Producers Network.
- I am member of the School's Equipment Oversight Group and IT Committee.
I received a PhD in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology from Cardiff University in 1999, then spent just over 6 years at the School of Medicine carrying out post-doctoral research into cell signaling. I moved to the Patent Office (now known as the UK Intellectual Property Office) for two years in 2006, where I was employed as an Associate Patent Examiner specialising in biotechnological and pharmaceutical inventions. In 2008 I returned to Cardiff University as Wales Gene Park project manager.