Dr Polina Prokopovich - MSc PhD
Member of the School's Drug Delivery & Microbiology Research Discipline
- Novel biomedical materials with functional properties for total joint and disc replacement.
- Surface modification techniques to improve wear performance and biocompatibility of materials for arthroplasty.
- Mechanical and surface characterisation of materials and pharmaceuticals (nano- and macro scale).
- Medical devices (inhalers, catheters and implants) and Microbial infection.
- Phenomena of adhesion and bioadhesion.
- Intermolecular and intersurface forces, friction and wear of biological systems (native tissues and cells).
- Drug delivery devices: from formulation to mechanics of the devices.