Dr Polina Prokopovich - MSc PhD
Telephone:+44 (0)29 208 75808
A Cardiff Academic Fellow jointly appointed between the School of Pharmacy and School of Engineering
- PhD in Chemical Engineering from Loughborough University (2006)
- MSc (1st Class Honours) in Physical, Colloid and Surface Science from St Petersburg State University, Russia (2002)
- BSc (1st Class Honours) in Chemistry from St Petersburg State University, Russia (2000)
Member of the School's Drug Delivery & Microbiology Research Discipline
- Novel biomedical materials with functional properties for total joint and disc replacement.
- Surface modification techniques to improve wear performance and biocompatibility of materials for arthroplasty.
- Mechanical and surface characterisation of materials and pharmaceuticals (nano- and macro scale).
- Medical devices (inhalers, catheters and implants) and Microbial infection.
- Phenomena of adhesion and bioadhesion.
- Intermolecular and intersurface forces, friction and wear of biological systems (native tissues and cells).
- Drug delivery devices: from formulation to mechanics of the devices.
Lecturer on MPharm degree
A number of Projects (both experimental and computational modelling) are available for Erasmus and self-funded PhD students.
Fully funded PhD Studentship available for UK /EU students on “Mechanism of interaction of cells with nano- and micro- wear particles”, enquiries regarding the project: Dr Polina Prokopovich, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org; +44 +44 (0) 29208 75808.