Dr Louise Hughes - PhD, MSc (Med.Ed.), BPharm, Pharmacist
Telephone:+44 (0)29 208 76432
- 1996 BPharm, University of Bath
- 1997 Member of Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
- 2000 PhD, Cardiff University (Adverse drug reactions (ADRs) to ‘P’ medicines: patients’ and pharmacists’ perceptions)
- 2010 Pharmacist registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- 2012 MSc in Medical Education, Cardiff University (Feedback on assessed undergraduate work: the views and experiences of pharmacy academic staff)
Member of the School's Pharmacy Practice & Clinical Pharmacy Research Discipline
My two main areas of interest are:
- Pharmacovigilance, particularly with regard to the role of the pharmacist in spontaneous reporting of ADRs
- Pharmacy education
Teaching co-ordinator for Clinical and Pharmacy Practice
Module leader for PH3110 (Optimisation of Pharmaceutical Care) and joint module leader for PH3202 (Research Methodology).
I contribute to teaching throughout all four years of the undergraduate MPharm programme, as well as to years 1 and 2 of the ‘2+2’ MPharm at Taylor’s University, Malaysia. This includes teaching and assessment of clinical and pharmacy practice, formulation science, critical appraisal and research methods. I also supervise final year research projects, both based within the department and based in practice environments.
In addition, I contribute to the MSc in Clinical Research, MSc in Clinical Pharmacy and MSc in Pharmacy Clinical Practice (Community and Primary Care), teaching qualitative research methods and marking MSc dissertations.